The need for a QMS is driven by many factors, including but not limited to competitiveness on the market, legal regulations, customer requirements, globalization’s pressures, reputational aspects, the ability to prove the high quality of the products or services, and others.
What is QMS & how can it be maintained?
- General overview of ISO 9001
- Obstacles to the implementation of ISO 9001
- Practical implementation via Infopulse SCM
- Benefits of established QMS
The quality management system is a formalized framework that clearly and transparently defines all the company activities for achieving quality goals. QMS establishment and maintenance specified in the international standard ISO 9001:2015, has become a must for most organizations globally. ISO 9001 certification promotes sales opportunities, improves the reputation of the company, and sometimes is a formal criterion to participate in significant international tenders.
What is ISO 9001:2015
ISO 9001 is the most recognized and implemented standard for QMS in the world. It specifies the requirements for a quality management system that organizations can use to develop their own programs.
This International Standard is based on the quality management principles:
- Customer focus
- Engagement of people
- Process approach
- Evidence-based decision making
- Relationship management.
The Structure of the ISO 9001 Standard
Maintenance of QMS is based on the PDCA cycle.
Challenges of ISO 9001 Implementation
Most organizations new to ISO 9001 do not understand how the standard works and don’t have sufficient experts to resolve this issue.
Specification of ISO 9001 requirements according to company needs
Each company will have a different interpretation of the ISO 9001 requirements and clauses depending on its structure, business needs, and current situation, which makes the implementation difficult.
Larger organizations with multiple locations may face complexities, as they must assure consistent roll-out of business processes across all its locations.
ISO 9001 requires a process approach to ensure the smooth and correct functioning of the QMS. It identifies business and operational processes inside the company, assigns identificators for effectiveness which could be quite challenging to many companies.
According to the ISO 9001:2015 standard requirements, companies need to document some information in the form of policies, reports, etc. Those requirements are minimal, but it may be challenging to decide what is the sufficient minimum of documents for a specific organization.
Implementation of ISO 9001 with Infopulse SCM
Challenges associated with incorporation of ISO 9001:2015 in the organization are revolved with the tool-driven approach. Technology assists in deploying process approach, accessing necessary documents, and controls the fulfillment of the standard across multiple sites.
With Infopulse SCM, you will be able to create and manage a QMS effectively.
- At the very start, the system guides you step-by-step through the creation of the QMS from scratch.
- With SCM, you receive a set of real-life experts’ practices for ISO 9001 implementation.
- The solution provides you with structured standard requirements, instructions, important items to pay specific attention to, checklists, and other necessary documents that can be adapted to your company’s needs.
- Infopulse SCM includes the templates for important documents for ISO 9001, on the basis of which you will create your individual documentation.
- You will be able to import external relevant data for QMS.
- Convenient task management enables you to allocate responsible people, assign and manage tasks, track the status of their fulfillment, and send automatic reminders.
- Automated reporting and email notifications with MailBot help to keep track of the progress.
- All the necessary information is consolidated in one platform that enables you to grasp the whole picture of ISO9001 implementation.
- Real-time access allows you to view the QMS holistically, fixating every change at any level and site of the organization.
Benefits of ISO 9001 Quality Management System
The ISO 9001 quality management system certification offers many advantages to the company starting from opening the door to new markets, ending with improved streamlining of operations and cost reduction.
Effective and easy-to-use IT security management system based on the latest standards and regulations — from planning and establishing the security concept to certification.